Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Recombobluation


About a year ago I was visiting my sister in Wisconsin. Just after I walked through airport security at Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport, I looked up and saw a a sign that read "Recombobulation Area." I had never seen this word before and frankly wondered if it was a joke. But it was no joke. It turns out that it is the only such sign of any airport in the world (I couldn't help myself; I looked it up when I got home). As I thought more about it, I realized that discombobulated was pretty much the way I felt when I walked through security. Where are my shoes? Was I wearing a belt? Where is my iPad? So, if I went through security and felt discombobulated, it only made sense that I would want to feel recombobulated when I got out. 

Urban dictionary defines recombobulation as: "To put something back the way it was, or into proper working order 2. To gather one's thoughts or composure." 

I especially liked the second definition -- To gather one's thoughts or composure. Something about that seemed familiar. Of course, isn't gathering one's thoughts what happens when we journal? 

So, consider this.... the next time you sit down and begin writing, you are not just journaling, you are actually recombobulating. 

Happy recombobulating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment